Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Counting down...........

Ok, so earlier on in my pregnancy people would always tell me, "Oh girl, wait until the last month.  It will seem like eternity!"  I would kind of laugh and think in my head, "Yeah, yeah.  More useless advice.  Blah, blah blah."  Well, I guess I should have paid more attention because they weren't lying!!

Let me tell you, the last month of this pregnancy has royally sucked!  First of all, I am bigger so simple things like picking up the keys I dropped on the floor aren't really that easy anymore.  Second of all, little mama (aka: Emily) has made her way down into my pelvis.  I mean, she's down there for real.  So what does this mean for me?  Oh just some ridiculous pelvic pains every single day (when I say ridiculous, I mean excruciating).   Even when I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning, my crotch hurts so bad.  So thanks for all that extra pressure down there, little mama!  I appreciate it!  You're going to be grounded for like the first month of your life!  Third of all, the waiting game is not that fun anymore.  I am 38 weeks and soooooooo ready for this to be over with!  I think I'm just ready to have my normal body back.  I would love to be able to get items off the bottom shelf at the grocery store and not be uncomfortable doing it.  It's the little things.  I'm ready for little Emily to come into this world.  The nursery is pretty much ready.  The car seat is installed.  The stroller is put together and ready to rock-n-roll.  Clothes, sheets, burp cloths, blankets and everything else has been washed, folded, and put away.  Hospital bags are packed and ready to go.  We have taken the childbirth class, the breastfeeding class, the infant CPR class, and the ABC's of Babies class to prepare ourselves.  All that's left is for this little baby to come. 

I mean, look at those chubby little cheeks and that pouty bottom lip (I don't have a clue where she got that from!).  How can I not be anxious to stare at that everyday!?!

Hopefully "go time" (as Scott has named labor/baby time) will be soon.  I went to the doc today and I measured perfectly, baby's head was at zero station (he was definitely touching the top of my baby's head.....weird!), and I was 50% effaced, but not dilated.  So the waiting game continues!

Till next time.......


No comments:

Post a Comment